Sunday, September 03, 2006

Two By Two


There we were, two of us (I don't know who the other was), being kept prisoners in a large and beautiful house by a really evil guy. There was no food anywhere and we were starving to the point of trying to eat sticks. We were very afraid, and wild to get away. When we finally managed to escape, we discovered our captor had been really busy with his digging machines, steamshovels, earth-movers, and had dug up mountains of earth, acres of mountains and holes. Running, we were thinking that if we separated and each went a diferent direction, at least one of us would get away alive. We knew there was a grave waiting for us in one of those valleys. Then we saw where he had half-buried two yellow volkswagons, their round yellow rooftops like eggs sticking out of the dirt. For some reason, this had great significance, like maybe he was going to put each of us in one and cover us up. And, knowing he'd be coming back soon to check on us, we ran even faster.

Eventually we came to a place where there was a long, long parade of animals dancing two by two, goats and wolves and lions, etc., and finally at the end of the line, long-legged egrets, and storks, and flamingos, all dancing this strange, long-legged dance. There were some people dancing at the end of the parade, making this wierd music with bells and finger-cymbals, spinning in slow circles and hopping on one foot. We decided there was safety in numbers, so we joined them in this bizarre parade, knowing we were heading towards some eventual ark.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary Bee said...

Sometimes I read someones comment (your's was on Annies) and I go to see who they are by what they wrote. I see in your profile that one of your fav movies is "The Mission". By golly I've never found anyone but me who even knows of that movie. So I had to come say hello to you just because. You have a very tidy blog and I read a bit of it and will probably go back now and read a bit more.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I'm not sure why, but I love to just follow from one comment to another site. Thanks for responding by your visit to my site. I posted again today finally. It took a while to put a post above my daughters Half Dome love.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

I know. I hated to post new stuff and watch my new grandson's picture disappear from view. When I post my 9-11 tribute today or tomorrow, another grandson will disappear. But I know they are still there -- just out of sight. And I figure if they've been up for a week everyone who will drop by to look already has. So.

Hey, c'mon back!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mary Bee said...

I hope all is OK. No remarkable dreams lately, while you sleep? How about your dreams while you are awake?

10:27 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Actually, I have been away a lot this past month (still dreaming tho'!). But without my own familiar computer, I am lost. Now I'll have to play catch up.

Come visit my regular blog and see where I've been!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pepek, this is a beautiful, huge dream! Maybe the other person (doesn't matter if you can remember who it was, really) is another aspect of you. I'm intrigued that you decided to both go different directions, thinking that way you'd have a better chance of surviving. And even though you were separated, you still narrate the dream as "we" ... as if you and the other self were never really fundamentally apart. You both know what you know in the dream. You both run faster. You both come to the place of wild things dancing.

it's a beautiful poetic reminder of something. what that is, only you know. (and your other self, heheh)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Pris said...

A dream journal! How neat. Have you interpreted these to yourself??

11:00 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Wow..I find this to be most fascinating..your dream journal.

At your kind invitation, I came to check out your blogs, and found this...how exciting!

I have always been interested in dreams, and their significance. Personally, I have had dreams that came true, for as long as I can remember. Some of them of current events which happened, which at times, I didn't understand the meaning of until they did. I plan to write about some of those on my blog in the future.

Some of your dreams are epic in scope..kinda like a movie LOL

You mentioned that some of your writing is copywrited..how is that done? I've never thought about doing that, but I might want to, should I ever write anything that warranted such a thing. LOL

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home